Whitfield Family Portraits
There is nothing as fun as getting out with a family full of kids for a portrait session! The Whitfield Family has been clients of mine since their little Lily was a newborn, over 7 years ago! I have had the pleasure of photographing a couple pregnancies, as well as many, many baby and family portraits. I love spending time with them; they are all so fun, happy & lively. I spend half the session laughing and giggling with the kids. The plan with this family is to have fun and capture what is happening! Mom loves fun, quirky, natural portraits. This year for their youngest son’s 12 month old portraits, dad was deployed, but we went ahead without him to capture this time in little Rob’s life and send photos to dad. Old Poway Park was the perfect setting for capturing some great family portraits as well as some shots of the kids just having fun and being kids.
If you have a young family and would like to have professional portraits done here are a few tips….
- Don’t have the kids “practice” smiling. This will just lead to big cheesy grins that don’t look natural. Better to just let them be themselves the day of the shoot.
- Unless you do a studio session, plan on getting more fun, candid, natural portraits than formal posed ones. These are more fun for kids and result in better portraits.
- Be sure to schedule your session for when your kids are rested and happy.
- Sugar is NOT our friend! Don’t give your kids sugar before the session. Promising a treat after is okay, but don’t use it to bribe.
- Don’t stress….relax and have fun and your kids will too!
Here are some of the Whitfield’s portraits